Refined White Beeswax Pellets
Characteristics: White to Ivory colour of varying intensity with a fine-grain matt, non-crystalline fracture. Becomes soft and pliable when warmed by hand. Odour faint and characteristic of honey. Relative density is about 0.96. Practically insoluble in water, completely soluble in volatile and fixed oils.
Processing: The very highest grade Lemon coloured crude beeswax is gently melted over clean un-treated bore water and is then allowed to settle. The colour is then removed using an organic and sustainable method. The beeswax is then micro filtered to remove all dross before being passed through a pelletising machine. The pellets which are formed, are cylindrical, 20 mm long and 7mm in diameter. The pellets drop directly from the pelletiser into plastic lined cartons. Batch size is approx 1200 kgs.
- British Pharmacopeia 2014
- Acid Value: 17 to 24
- Drop point (melting point): 61 deg C to 65 deg
- Ester Value: 70 to 80
- Ratio Number: 3.3 to 4.3
- Saponification value: 87 to 104
- Ceresin, Paraffins & certain other waxes: Meets BP2014 specification for these substances.
- Glycerol and other polyhydric alcohols: Not more than 0.5%
Each batch comes with a Certificate of Analysis, performed by a certified analytical laboratory using the method’s set out in the British Pharmacopeia 2014 edition.
Certificates of analysis are also able to be provided to USP and Ph Eur specifications.
- Dross content: Nil
- Form: Cylindrical pellets approx 20mm long and 7mm in diameter.
- Packing: Packed into plastic lined cardboard cartons, each containing 25kgs net. Cartons are packed on pallets each containing 24 cartons and weighing 600kgs net and shrink wrapped and strapped. Each pallet measures 1.57 cubic metres.
- Hazard: Water should not be added to beeswax which is at a temperature exceeding 95 deg C as it will cause uncontrolled foaming.
Price List – 30 May 2017 – for Domestic orders. Minimum order 1 kg.
Minimum Export order is 600 kg. Contact us for a C & F price.